Re: When unplug USB device, another USB device access failed

<  Alan Stern stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  >wrote:

>I have been on vacation and so have not had a chance to review this
>carefully.  However there are a few things about it which could be
>improved.  For example, the comments aren't really accurate.  The
>"three strikes" policy is applied automatically by the hardware; hence
>the policy added by this patch should be called something else.
>
>Also, it's not a good idea to rely on a simple retry counter.  Instead
>of trying three times, it would be better to keep trying for some fixed
>length of time, like 100 ms.
I understood Alan's idea as follows. We don't know the
timing of retrying, thus the fixed length of time is better
than the counter of retrying to adjust the timing. I didn't
consciously know that I adjust the timing. If my
understanding is correct, I think that it's need to allow
for the length of time, too.

When the XactErr occurs, the error recovery succeed by the
first retry on my system. I think that one-time retrying is
enough. But I don't know whether a quick retry is correct.

I change one-time retry from three times.
I want to subsequently mull over the timing of retrying (a
quick retry or a fix time retry).

best regards
  Koichiro Saito