Re: USB kernel debug

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Brian T. McKee wrote:

> Hi Greg and Alan,
>
> I just booted windows 10 to see if it can handle the setup and it can't.
> The cameras lock up in similar ways to linux. A few frames display and
> then they lock up.
>
> It looks like some kind of hardware failure.

Yes.  That was going to be my original guess too, since there were no
software changes at the time the problem started.

> I'm going to take another machine with four USB 3.0 ports on it and see
> if I can get it to work on there to see if it's my laptop that died, the
> USB hubs or the cameras.

Good idea.  But don't be surprised if it's difficult to pin down the
exact source of the problem.  I once had a combination of
device/cable/computer that didn't work but would start working if any
one of the three ingredients was changed.

> Sorry to hassle you guys.

Don't worry about it; that's part of why we're here.

Alan Stern