RE: MUSB driver on AM3352 dropping USB packets

> From: Bin Liu [mailto:b-liu@xxxxxx]
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 12:22:33PM +0000, Andrew Goodbody wrote:
> > > From: Bin Liu [mailto:b-liu@xxxxxx]
> > > Hi,

> > > What is the part number on the am3352 chip?
> >
> > AM3352BZCZ100
> >
> > > What kernel version do you use?
> >
> > 4.5.0
> >
> > > Is musb cppi dma enabled? If so, does the problem still happen when
> > > CPPI disabled?
> >
> > Yes. Yes. When testing with PIO I did get the message "Rx interrupt with no
> errors or packet!".
> >
> > > First try to turn on dynamic debug log in musb_host.c to check if
> > > musb receives the packet or not.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > -Bin.
> >
> > I am having problems doing this. If I enable the whole file then I get
> > lots of messages on the console about /dev/kmsg buffer overrun. There
> > are more then 26 million packets in the hardware trace and I have not
> > worked out how to correlate any of the possible message from dynamic
> > debug with those packets even when I enable some of the dynamic debug
> > lines.  I can see a few messages about "DMA complete but packet still
> > in FIFO, CSR 2103" and just the occasional "extra TX2 ready, csr 2100"
> > when I enable some of the lines for dynamic debug.
>
> Well, this issue would not be easy to debug. Is this with your custom board?
> If so, have you run EyeDiagram test to rule out signal integrity problem? Are
> you able to reproduce it with any TI EVM, such as Beaglebone Black? If so,
> please explain the detail of the test case, I could try to reproduce it on my
> side.

Yes this is on a custom board and yes we did EyeDiagram tests. Also the ACK from the controller is seen, so that should rule out signal integrity issues.
I have just reproduced this on the Beaglebone Black using the latest TI SDK. Do you have access to 16 iPads with lightning connectors and do you have a Mac running 10.10.x?