RE: MUSB driver on AM3352 dropping USB packets

> From: Bin Liu [mailto:b-liu@xxxxxx]
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 03:48:50PM +0000, Andrew Goodbody wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been investigating communication issues with iPads. When the
> > system is busy it seems that the musb driver is silently dropping
> > occasional packets. I have a usbmon trace that does not show the
> > packet and I have a trace from a hardware USB analyser that does show
> > the packet. So the device is correctly sending the packet, it is even
> > being ACKed, but it is not passed up to the application. The packet is
> > a bulk transfer packet of 20 bytes. Can anyone please give me pointers
> > to where to go looking for the problem? The syslog shows nothing
> > relevant.
>
> What is the part number on the am3352 chip?

AM3352BZCZ100

> What kernel version do you use?

4.5.0

> Is musb cppi dma enabled? If so, does the problem still happen when CPPI
> disabled?

Yes. Yes. When testing with PIO I did get the message "Rx interrupt with no errors or packet!".

> First try to turn on dynamic debug log in musb_host.c to check if musb
> receives the packet or not.
>
> Regards,
> -Bin.

I am having problems doing this. If I enable the whole file then I get lots of messages on the console about /dev/kmsg buffer overrun. There are more then 26 million packets in the hardware trace and I have not worked out how to correlate any of the possible message from dynamic debug with those packets even when I enable some of the dynamic debug lines.
I can see a few messages about "DMA complete but packet still in FIFO, CSR 2103" and just the occasional "extra TX2 ready, csr 2100" when I enable some of the lines for dynamic debug.

Andrew