Re: What are Shared HCD and Companion Controller(HCD?)

Hi,

Peter Chen <hzpeterchen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> When I review the patch [1] for adding companion controller support for
> OTG framework, I am puzzled several concepts, like shared hcd and
> companion controller, companion hcd, companion port, would someone
> please explain them? And why EHCI/OHCI do not use shared hcd, but
> xHCI uses it? Thanks.

xHCI is modeled as two separate buses (High-speed and Super-speed) which
*share* the same IP block. In the case of EHCI/OHCI, there is a port
being handed over to the a completely separate IP. OHCI is EHCI's
companion for non-HS signalling.

--
balbi