Re: DWC3: Clock Domain Crossing erratum description.

Hi Felipe,
On 04/07/2016 08:10 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

Kirill Dronov <cyrill.dronov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm working on USB device bringup on Intel E3800 – based board. DWC3
core configured as DRD in device mode. The only connected device phy
is SMSC 3310 (USB2 ULPI). DWC3 core version is 2.10A. Gadget zero
driver can be loaded, but device enumeration fails: device is detected
by host, speed is negotiated (HS), host successfully reset device. On
device side – conndone interrupt is followed by linksts change with
link_state 0.  Then host sends USBREQ_GET_DESCRIPTOR and tries to set
address but device does not react – no events generated.
which kernel are you using ?
It's 3.14.29 kernel (WindRiver Linux). I have backported dwc3 upstream patches up to ~v3.17-rc4 (+ all trace patches). But the same issue exists for original 3.14.29 kernel.

Please collect driver traces and send them
to us:

# mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
# cd /sys/kernel/debug/tracing
# echo 2048 > buffer_size_kb
# echo 1 > events/dwc3/enable

(now trigger the problem)

# cp trace /path/to/non/volatile/media/

Send that trace file (you need to compress it, probably)
I've attached both dev_dbg and trace outputs. Also attached regdump taken after enumeration failed and gzero is suspended.

I'm not sure if I hit “run/stop metastability” issue [“STAR#9000525659:
Clock Domain Crossing on DCTL in USB 2.0 Mode”]. I don't have DWC3
we have a workaround for that, you shouldn't hit it unless you removed
the workaround.
No, I didn't.

databook or erratum description (other than mentioned in driver code).
Can somebody provide more detailed description of STAR#9000525659?
Where can I get DWC3 Databook?
you need to talk to a Synopsys representative for that.

Unfortunately Synopsis points out to Intel as SoC manufacturer and Intel share only short notes on driver configuration and loading - no Databook.
--
regards,
Kirill