Re: DWC3: Clock Domain Crossing erratum description.

Hi,

Kirill Dronov <cyrill.dronov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm working on USB device bringup on Intel E3800 – based board. DWC3
> core configured as DRD in device mode. The only connected device phy
> is SMSC 3310 (USB2 ULPI). DWC3 core version is 2.10A. Gadget zero
> driver can be loaded, but device enumeration fails: device is detected
> by host, speed is negotiated (HS), host successfully reset device. On
> device side – conndone interrupt is followed by linksts change with
> link_state 0.  Then host sends USBREQ_GET_DESCRIPTOR and tries to set
> address but device does not react – no events generated.

which kernel are you using ? Please collect driver traces and send them
to us:

# mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
# cd /sys/kernel/debug/tracing
# echo 2048 > buffer_size_kb
# echo 1 > events/dwc3/enable

(now trigger the problem)

# cp trace /path/to/non/volatile/media/

Send that trace file (you need to compress it, probably)

> I'm not sure if I hit “run/stop metastability” issue [“STAR#9000525659:
> Clock Domain Crossing on DCTL in USB 2.0 Mode”]. I don't have DWC3

we have a workaround for that, you shouldn't hit it unless you removed
the workaround.

> databook or erratum description (other than mentioned in driver code).
> Can somebody provide more detailed description of STAR#9000525659?
> Where can I get DWC3 Databook?

you need to talk to a Synopsys representative for that.

--
balbi