Re: question on interrupt urb in the option driver

Sorry Oliver,
My stupidity, the hso driver being my centre of the universe
I thought you were talking about the hso driver not
/drivers/usb/serial/option.c

Denis Joseph Barrow wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
> What exactly do you mean by having no suspend/resume support.
> hso_suspend & hso_resume provide support for automatic suspend
> of the usb bus.
>
> Do you mean suspend as an option like suspending the entire machine
> to save power or something else?
>

> Oliver Neukum wrote:
>>> That gets trickier, this driver supports a whole range of devices, odds
>>> are some might allow this, and others might not.  Lots of them live on a
>>> cardbus card, where the usb device itself isn't the biggest power issue,
>>> but the cardbus bridge and host controller would be.  Others are just
>>> individual usb devices that you plug into the machine.
>>>
>>> I think it's going to get really messy if you try to autosuspend these
>>> devices, but I have a stack here for testing if you want me to try
>>> anything out.
>> Right now, this driver has no suspend/resume support at all, let alone
>> autosuspend. I've got a new device of that kind.
>>
>> 	Regards
>> 		Oliver
>>
>> --

best regards,
D.J. Barrow

Linux Kernel Developer
Option NV, Gaston Geenslaan 14, 3001 Leuven, Belgium

T: +32 16 311 621
F: +32 16 207 164
d.barow@xxxxxxxxxx
www.option.com