Re: question on interrupt urb in the option driver

Hi Oliver,
What exactly do you mean by having no suspend/resume support.
hso_suspend & hso_resume provide support for automatic suspend
of the usb bus.

Do you mean suspend as an option like suspending the entire machine
to save power or something else?

Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Saturday 10 January 2009 00:34:19 schrieb Greg KH:
>>> If so do I need to follow a special procedure to wake the device up
>>> from the suspended state?
>> That gets trickier, this driver supports a whole range of devices, odds
>> are some might allow this, and others might not.  Lots of them live on a
>> cardbus card, where the usb device itself isn't the biggest power issue,
>> but the cardbus bridge and host controller would be.  Others are just
>> individual usb devices that you plug into the machine.
>>
>> I think it's going to get really messy if you try to autosuspend these
>> devices, but I have a stack here for testing if you want me to try
>> anything out.
>
> Right now, this driver has no suspend/resume support at all, let alone
> autosuspend. I've got a new device of that kind.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Oliver
>
> --

best regards,
D.J. Barrow

Linux Kernel Developer
Option NV, Gaston Geenslaan 14, 3001 Leuven, Belgium

T: +32 16 311 621
F: +32 16 207 164
d.barow@xxxxxxxxxx
www.option.com