Re: Getting a gadget serial device working on Atmel SAMA5D31

Hi,

JB <jbworld.central@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> did you check that getty is still running ? That "deactivated" message
>> means that whatever had /dev/ttyGS0 opened, decided to close it. This
>> could mean that getty got a SIGHUP and just decided to close that fd.
>
> I have only briefly experimented with getty (I also tried opening the
> port with minicom). Would this even matter? Even if the serial port is
> not open, shouldn't the device be enumerated by its host?

yes and no ;-)

ACM might need a userspace component to implement, e.g. AT command
support. We shouldn't connect to host until that userspace component is
ready.

If you just want a serial console, then the generic serial (non-ACM) is
a better bet. Just load gserial with use_obex=0 use_acm=0:

# modprobe g_serial use_obex=0 use_acm=0

> To make sure, I have also performed some additional tests. The problem
> seems unrelated to the gadget being used: I have tried various
> combinations (zero, ethernet, etc.), even setting up an ACM device
> using configfs, and the result is the same: a host detects the device
> for a brief moment, but nothing after that.

Odd. At Gil (now in Cc) has at91 working for him on his board. Gil, care
to confirm ?

JB, I guess you need to add more debugging messages around at91
driver. Try to figure out if VBUS is dropping, or something crazy like
that. There's no reason for the gadget to just disconnect after
enumeration starting.

cheers

--
balbi