Re: ehci and ohci reset number doubt

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Lipengcheng wrote:

> Hi,
>    In the files of ohci-platform.c and ehci-platform.c, they have only a control reset. Can the files have one more controller reset?

Currently only one reset is allowed.

>    Our usb2 controller using a synopsis, need bus reset, root hub reset, utmi reset. The usb controller of reset and clock have the same number.

If your platform has a Synopsis (now DesignWare) USB2 controller, why
not use the dwc2 driver that's already in the kernel?

The ohci-platform and ehci-platform drivers already perform their own
root-hub and bus resets.  They do not perform a UTMI reset, but they do
call phy_init() and phy_power_on().  Will that be good enough for you?

Alan Stern