Re: ds2490 kernel module

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Woody Miller <woody8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but if not, please point me
> to a better place - I've been looking all over.
>
> There's kernel module for the Dallas DS9490, a USB <-> 1_wire adapter
> (ds2490).
>
> I have my own interface, written using libusb - maybe 5 years back.  I'm
> interested in moving to the kernel module, but have yet to find any
> documentation on what it's really intended for, or the proper way to
> interface to it.  Where might I find it?
>
> The reason I ask here is that ds2490 "seems" to make use of linux-usb stuff.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello!
Actually, to my mind you're in the right place. However to go further
on this have you looked into the One Wire File System or
http://www.owfs.org project?

It is essentially a deeper dive regarding how the device works, and
more importantly it also describes how to make further use of the
device and other One-Wire devices via Linux. I should know, I'm a
member of that august outfit.

Why don't you here describe your LibUSB applications, I am of course
interested, but I don't know about the rest of the group.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."