Re: Multiple Digi Edgeport devices on CentOS 7

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 11:10:33PM +0000, Howard Lum (holum) wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> We have two Digi Edgeport devices. I will call them A and B. If I only
> have A then ttyUSB0-7 correspond to ports 1-8 on A respectively. The
> same applies if I only have B. When I have A and B, then I get
> something like this:
>
> ttyUSB0 - Unit B port 3
> ttyUSB1 - Unit B port 4
> ttyUSB2 - Unit B port 5
> ttyUSB3 - Unit B port 6
> ttyUSB4 - Unit B port 1
> ttyUSB5 - Unit B port 2
> ttyUSB6 - Unit A port 3
> ttyUSB7 - Unit A port 4
> ttyUSB8 - Unit A port 1
> ttyUSB9 - Unit A port 2
> ttyUSB10 - Unit B port 7
> ttyUSB11 - Unit B port 8
> ttyUSB12 - Unit A port 5
> ttyUSB13 - Unit A port 6
> ttyUSB14 - Unit A port 7
> ttyUSB15 - Unit A port 8

Makes sense, these devices have an internal hub inside of them, so they
enumerate at different rates.

Use the /dev/serial/ symlinks to get a "persistant" device name to use
instead of /dev/ttyUSB??? as those names will change all the time as you
have found out.

> I have not contacted Red Hat or CentOS yet.

I'd recommend that, that's what you are paying support for :)

good luck!

greg k-h