Newby trying to build a USB Driver

Hello,

I'm trying to investigate linux usb stack for trying to implement a usb
driver for a device from behringer (BCD2000).

It's a mix table for DJs.

Basically, it's a midi keyboard coupled with some ADC/DAC for sound.

Of course, it's not so simple, because the device is not detected as a
standard usb-sound device (not compliant)

it's a "bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class"...

I would like to know if there are some programs that would help me to send
raw data to this device to try to initialise it and to play with.

Secondly, I would like to know if there is a chance to reuse some code or
if I need to rewrite all the sound and midi code (excuse for that question,
I really don't know anything from the device at this moment).

Is there a IRC channel where I could find some developpers for helping me
on complex things?

I stop now with my questions because I really have to work on the device
before annoying you again.

Cheers, and happy new year

Stephane.