Re: Bug in split transactions on Raspberry Pi

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, Doug Anderson wrote:

> > The corresponding line in the dwc2_host_hub_info() routine simply does:
> >
> >         *hub_port = urb->dev->ttport;
> >
> > Unfortunately, even after I changed the dwc_otg routine the device
> > still didn't work.  My bus analyzer isn't on hand today, so I'll have
> > to work on it more next week.

Okay, I checked it.  Oddly enough, even though the SPLIT packet's
contents are now correct, the device still doesn't respond.

Bizarrely, when I interpose a USB-1.1 hub between the RPi and the
compound device, it _does_ work.  I guess this indicates the device's
embedded hub isn't quite up to snuff.  But why it should work okay with
a PC and not with a Raspberry Pi is beyond me.

> > Can you tell me how to configure a mainline kernel to work on the
> > Raspberry Pi?  There is no arch/arm/configs/bcmrpi_defconfig.
>
> Not offhand.  Again, perhaps someone else on this thread will have
> more.  I did do a quick Google search and came up with:
>
> http://elinux.org/RPi_Upstream_Kernel_Compilation
>
> ...but the Raspberry Pi I have at home is running some home automation
> stuff so I don't want to give that a try.  :-P

I followed those instructions, and the result doesn't boot.  No easy
way to figure out why -- nothing shows up on the HDMI screen but the
color splash.

Alan Stern