Re: keyboard locks on macro key press

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 18:55:55:38PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:22:39PM +1100, Sashan Govender wrote:
Hi

I have a keyboard and it doesn't work properly with linux. If I hit one of
the macro keys it locks the keyboard and I have to unplug it from the usb
port to reset it. The other keys work fine.  I tried writing a hid driver to
see what was going on. Normal keys make it to the event handler but if I hit
a macro key the event handler isn't called and the keyboard locks. I have to
unplug it and plug it back in to the usb port to reset it. Any ideas?

Does this work on other operating systems?  Many "macro" keys put the

It works on Windows without locking the keyboard.

keyboard into a "command" or "programming" mode and it is now waiting
for you to press another key to change some internal state or something.

What exact keyboard do you have, and what key are you pressing?

It's a cougar 700k. The keys fn and g1 to g6 lock the keyboard. I can attach a wireshark trace if needed.