Re: NET2280: usb2380/usb3380 CDC ACM serial gadget issue

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, Justin DeFields wrote:

> We had our hardware engineer add in a usb3380 chip to our board in
> place of the usb2380 (with some small wiring adjustments, and
> utilizing the usb 2.0 pins only).  It has the EXACT same issue as the
> 2280, which leads me to the following:
>
> 1) I have probably implemented the usb2380 device correctly (or at
> least in line with the usb3380 as a usb 2.0 device)
> 2) That paranoia loop is being triggered/entered erroneously, or the
> usb3380 driver does not properly set itself up for usb 2.0
> connections.
> 3) The CDC ACM driver may be issuing short reads/writes, while the
> other gadget drivers do not, meaning that all short read/write
> operations can be problematic
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?

Not me -- I've only got a net2280 (not 2380 or 3380).

In general, you have to expect that any driver will send a short packet
from time to time.  (I don't know what you mean when you talk about a
host-side driver issuing a short read.  The host-side driver doesn't
determine the length of a read; the gadget-side driver does.)

Alan Stern