Re: USB3 xHCI Error, unable to acces the disk

On 10.12.2015 18:18, Sébastien Deligny wrote:
Hello I've report a bug on bug tracker but I've been advise to post it
directly to th mailing list. Here is my problem :

Connected on USB3 SSD as root partition, sometimes the system lags a
lot and I'm not able to stop the system properly as the FS become
readonly. Tested with 4.2 kernel. With testing version 4.3, the lags
occur again but after few minutes it come back to a stable situation.

Could you please CC'ed me in the answers of this post?

Here is the extract of journalctl :

Connected on USB3 SSD as root partition, sometimes the system lags a
lot and I'm not able to stop the system properly as the FS become
readonly. Tested with 4.2 kernel. With testing version 4.3, the lags
occur again but after few minutes it come back to a stable situation.
Here is the copy of journalctl :

déc. 08 23:10:52 Vulpus kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: ERROR Unknown
event condition 10, HC probably busted
déc. 08 23:10:52 Vulpus kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: ERROR Transfer
event for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream

Event condition 10 is a "Invalid Stream Type Error" related to uas and xhci streams usage,

xhci specs 4.12.2.1 list several occasions when this can happen, partly depending on
if a Secondary stream array is in use.
I've managed to avoid streams until now. We should probably print out the endpoint/stream context
on this error.

Are you seeing this issue if the USB3 SSD is not connected as root partition?

Can you add xhci debugging and try to reproduce this issue:
echo -n 'module xhci_hcd =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

-Mathias