Re: Infrastructure for zerocopy I/O

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:31:35PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
>> Seemingly controller is already a pointer, so the & is redundant. No idea why
>> it didn't crash plain out. Fixing that, I can allocate, although I have some
>> other bug causing an oops somewhere else.
> Ah, an easy mistake to miss.  But you should have gotten a warning from
> the compiler about incompatible pointer types.

I did. And I missed it, because a) things were scrolling fast, and
b) I'm used to coding with -Werror, where you simply cannot ignore this kind
of thing by accident :-) (Not to mention that I usually code C++, where this
is plain out an error, not a warning.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: https://www.sesse.net/