Not enough host controller resources for new device state

Hi,

I have read various forum posts and some of the archive from this list
about the following error message:

Not enough host controller resources for new device state

Some people have had success with disabling XHCI at the BIOS level.

That seems to be an unnecessary work around to me given we are progressing
towards USB4 in the not too distant future.

Is there a definitive explanation other than "no one had time/resources to
work on  this issue yet" why we cannot have more than 30 odd devices
connected with XHCI enabled?

In my case I would like to use the full 128 ports on the USB bus. The
gives me a practical limit of 100 mobile devices and 20 something ports
for chaining usb hubs together.

I am available to assist with debugging this issue if there is a way to
make it work.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd