Re: USB Device needs to be unplugged and plugged in to work

Jose Colmenares wrote:
> If the computer starts, and the IMU is already plugged in, I have
> to unplug it and plug it again. This is unacceptable because the
> IMU will be used in a robot, so we cannot just unplug it every time
> the robot starts.

In a prototype you could work around this problem with custom hardware
to control VBUS in the IMU USB connection, which to the device looks
like the cable has been disconnected.

TI TPS20xxC power switches (e.g. TPS2051C and TPS2065C) are designed
for USB, are frequently used in PCs, and work just fine.

But please provide the debugging information already asked for in this
thread, so that the software problem may be resolved for the future.

Thanks

//Peter