Re: Page allocation failure

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> So what is the road from here? I guess the original questions about cache
> coherency still apply, and that this is what I'm seeing in dmesg.

What questions?  It should be obvious that the user program should not
touch the buffer contents while the transfer is taking place.  What are
you seeing in dmesg?

The next step would be to massage the patch and get it into a form
suitable for applying.  This may well include changing the way the API
works; for example, I'm not sure that allocating memory should be a
separate step from mmap.

Alan Stern