Re: usb: dwc2: regression during boot on Raspberry Pi

Hi John,

Am 11.11.2015 um 00:21 schrieb John Youn:
On 11/9/2015 12:43 PM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
Hi,

The gadget side required it but it looks like the host side
didn't.

When Marek did the low-level hw refactor, some of the gadget
stuff was brought up to the common layer, including the returning
of -EPROBE_DEFER when no phys are defined.

I think this requirement can be removed. At least only enforce it
for the gadget as before.

Could you see if the following fixes it?

the patch looks okay, but it didn't get USB working after applying your patch in combination with my patch.

devm_phy_get(hsotg->dev, "usb2-phy") failed, but ret has a value of -38. I don't know where this strange value comes from.

I also experience issues with my rootfs, so i think could be a problem with my build or the linux-next version. Tomorrow i will try the patches on top of Felipe's repo.

Thanks
Stefan