[USB] [UVC] LeapMotion recognized as UVC device problem

Hello,

I have a device called LeapMotion, which is basically comprised of 2 UVC cameras. I was able to get a working user-space stream using libusb and now I am working on creating a kernel module, because it will give me more control over the URBs. In order to get the actual stream from the device, you need to send a couple of very specific control transfers and the streams are inter-weaved (8 bit, pixel from first camera; 8 bit pixel from second camera).

My problem is that uvcvideo pops in before my module, recognizes the device as an UVC camera and then fails.

What do you think it is the best way to proceed? I would love not having to blacklist the whole uvcvideo module as a whole bunch of other stuff are counting on it.

end

Floris.