Re: Applying Patch to Change Max Packet Size for Device

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Todd Efflam wrote:

> We were using EHCI with the 2.6.35 kernel.  When disabling XHCI in
> 3.14 and using EHCI the device still doesn't work however.
>
> The reason we are stuck with 3.14 is we use the Yocto build system and
> their latest support is for 3.14.

If the problem affects both the EHCI and xHCI controllers, why do you
want to work around by changing only xhci-hcd?  Wouldn't it be better
to change the USB core?

What type of endpoint is this, anyway (control, bulk, interrupt, or
isochronous)?

If the device and the computer have differing ideas about what the
maxpacket size is, aren't transfers larger than the smaller of the two
sizes likely to fail?

Alan Stern