Re: PROBLEM: lsusb -v freezes kernel on Acer ES1-111M

Hi Alan,

> However, note that CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME doesn't exist any more in 4.2; it
> is now covered by CONFIG_PM.

That explains why the setting was disabled in the first place.
I had taken a config from 4.2 and ran "make oldconfig" on it
with the 3.17 kernel.

Actually, the configurations with CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME disabled give
me warnings about some cross-dependencies that are not satisfied.
With "make menuconfig", I haven't been able to switch off the
setting, because CONFIG_PM_SLEEP and something else forces it on,
and I have no idea where in the menus I would find those. And if I
edit .config directly, I don't know what other cross-dependencies
I'll violate that way.

I only had a few minutes to spare today to select a config and
kick off the compilation. Now I have a 3.17 kernel with some more
debug output, but which freezes on 'bind' instead of 'unbind'. *sigh*
I'm afraid I've been doing too much just-before-bedtime debugging
lately and need to take a step back.
I'll set aside a few hours on Thursday to prepare a proper config
with a behavior that is comparable to the ones I've observed earlier.
Then I will send decent debug output over the week-end. It's not
like this problem will run away if I don't track it fast enough :-)

cheers and thanks,
  Roland