Re: ftdi_sio: tcdrain() is not waiting for all bytes to transmit

[ Adding linux-usb on CC. ]

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:25:10AM -0400, Dave Bender wrote:
> Hi,
>   I found your name in the ftdi_sio module and notice you have recent
> commit history.
>   I just spent a few hours wondering why my device was receiving frame
> errors and determined with an oscilloscope that a break condition was
> being sent while my message was transmitting (even with calling
> tcdrain)
>   I am using an FT230X on Linux kernel 3.19.0, but I haven't seen any
> relevant changes in the module since then so I don't think kernel
> revision is an issue.

There are many parts of the kernel that affects this driver. Please
always try to make sure that you can reproduce any issues on a recent
mainline kernel before reporting.

In this case, the problem you're experiencing may already been fixed by:

	79fbf4a550ed ("TTY: fix tty_wait_until_sent on 64-bit machines")

that went into 4.0 (with a stable tag).

Please give 4.2 a try and see if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Johan