Re: dwc3 issue

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 11:10:42AM +0100, Joao Pinto wrote:
> Hi Filipe!

s/Filipe/Felipe

> We are experiencing a problem in a solution using the dwc3 driver.
>
> I will start by enumerating the setup:
>   a) CPU running Linux Kernel 3.18
>   b) DesignWare USB 3.0 Device IP
>   c) Windows 7 Host PC
>
> The dwc3 is loading successfully, but when we plug to the Windows 7 PC, it takes
> around 2 minutes for the device to pop up in "My Computer". During this time the
> driver seems to be looping through 2 tasks:
>
> task 1.“g_mass_storage_gadget: high-spped config #1: Linux File-Backed Storage”
> task 2.“dwc3 49000000.usb: request ***** was not queued to ep1in-bulk”
>
> Could you please give us a hint about how to overcome this problem?

You're running v3.18 on dwc3 ? How about trying v4.1 ? In any case,
v3.18 already had tracepoints support, please enable tracepoints,
capture traces and send them along. A single message is not enough to
judge what's happening.

Also, if you're stuck on v3.18, you really need to ask for support from
whoever gave you such an old kernel. My suggestion would be to fire up
one of your HAPS platforms configured as a PCIe card, then run v4.1 in
any desktop with dwc3 built as a module and try that out.

good luck

--
balbi