Re: Data loss with usb dvb tuners that is "fixed" by spinning a cpu - how to debug?

Tom Yan wrote:
Not sure if it's relevant at all, but Iong time ago I had a pci-e
dtv tuner which requires c-state to be disabled in BIOS (workaround
officially suggested by its vendor) to work.

That's something I could try, though TBH as I bought this board to be
always on but low power, not something I would really "like" as a solution.

Is there an obvious difference between ehci and xhci driver (same usb2
ports) that would show a difference here.

Of course I disabled USB3 in bios to get ehci - is there a way with bios
still in this state, to force xhci again for the usb2 ports?

One other thing I was going to try was capping with tcpdump or usbmon
and seeing if the lost packets were lost after the wire. Does anyone
know of code that will allow capping of just the data via usbmon?

If I could show that the loss is "internal" then maybe the fix could be
done in s/w. I am thinking here of my previous tests with 3.18 that
showed that spinning a CPU could hide isoc data loss before the fix -

apply XHCI_AVOID_BEI quirk to all Intel xHCI controllers

TIA

Andy.