Re: Data loss with usb dvb tuners that is "fixed" by spinning a cpu - how to debug?

Andy Furniss wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:
Hi I recently set up a Asrock Q1900DC-itx Intel baytrail board as
a router/nas/pvr. It has 2 usb dvb T/T2 tuners attached - pctv 290e
and 292e.

When running them I am getting lost dvb packets which are detected
as lost via dvbs continuity counters.

Have tried 3.18.14, and today 4.1.0-rc7 both have the issue.

3.14.43 may not have the issue - but I could only test that with
one device due to my 292e not being supported. While testing
3.14.xx I noticed that earlier versions did show the issue (and
spinning a cpu fixed it) - bisecting that came up with -

usb: xhci: apply XHCI_AVOID_BEI quirk to all Intel xHCI
controllers

I see this is in 3.18 and current though - the reason I mention it
is that the fact I could "fix" 3.14 before that by spinning a cpu
eg. -

nice -19 dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/null

leads me to think the current issue is USB related also - hence I
am posting here.

Analysing mux dumps shows the loss events may be between 1 and 6
188 byte packets.

Where to go from here - anyone have any suggestions?

I don't really know much about USB, so if it were any of you that
had this issue could you tell me where you would start to look/what
would you try?

I manages to mitigate the issue somewhat by disabling usb3 in bios so I
use the ehci driver.

It's not a total fix though - I still need cpu load to make 80mbit
transfers work reliably (2 x HD channels on different muxes). For lower
bitrate SD muxes I seem to get away with no loss at roughly 50 mbit.