[linux-usb] how to pass parameters to mass storage kernel module for best host compatibility

Hi Alan and community,

I am using mass storage kernel module of v4.0.1 for Freescale i.MX6SL for a commercial product. As this is commercial product, thus USB host compatibility is important.

1) It seems that Windows 7 host can *not* auto-mount if I pass parameters as below:
modprobe g_mass_storage file=/dev/mmcblk0p4 iSerialNumber=abcdefgh nofua=1

2) Windows 7 can auto-mount, if I pass pass parameters as below (with removable=1) modprobe g_mass_storage file=/dev/mmcblk0p4 iSerialNumber=abcdefgh nofua=1 removable=1

But, there is a problem. If I eject the removable disk from Win7, disconnect USB cable, and re-connect the USB cable, the removable disk can NOT be auto-mounted on Win7.

It seems this makes sense, because Documentation/usb/mass-storage.txt says below:
------
If this option (removable=1) is set for a logical unit, gadget will accept an
“eject” SCSI request (Start/Stop Unit).  When it is sent, the
backing file will be closed to simulate ejection and the logical
unit will not be mountable by the host until a new backing file is
specified by userspace on the device (see “sysfs entries”
section).
------

Would you please advise what is the best way to pass parameters to g_mass_storage considering host compatibility?

Thanks.

--
Xuebing