Re: questions about uas

Please use Reply-To-All so that your messages gets sent to the mailing
list as well as to me.

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Tom Yan wrote:

> Hi Alan.
>
> Yes you were right about the blacklisting. I guess I didn't read the
> output carefully enough. It was empty for both cases.
>
> So I assume there's no way to "globablly" disable uas in runtime? Also

Either blacklisting or deleting the module will globally disable uas,
as you found out in your tests.

However, there is no way to globally substitute usb-storage for uas at
runtime.  The only way to do that is to rebuild with kernel without the
uas driver.

> I can see that some quirks will be enabled for certain devices by
> default. Is there no way to revert those in runtime as well?

Some of those quirks can be turned off by the "quirks=" module
parameter.  But why would you want to?  The reason those predefined
quirks are there is because the devices won't work right without them.

Alan Stern