Re: Re: Re: excessive usb traffic with FT230x

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If I'm not interested in modem status, can I disable this entirely?  I
> > don't even have modem lines connected.
>
> Is this data packet somehow causing a problem with your system?  If so,
> I suggest using a different type of usb to serial device, but it might
> be hard to find a device that doesn't do some kind of communication when
> the port is open, that's how data is received from the device :)

Yeah, I get that, I just was't expecting so much :)  The device works
just fine, I only even noticed because we'd been using a "usb activity"
led trigger before, which gave us a nice easy way of blinking lights for
serial traffic.  With the constant traffic of the ftdi devices, it just
means the light was blinking continuously, regardless of traffic.  I'll
probably look at having one of the applications that uses the serial
port to kick of a transient flicker instead.

Thanks kindly for the prompt and useful responses.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson