Re: ohci: sporadic crash/lockup in ohci-hcd io_watchdog_func()

Hi Alan,

sorry for being a bit late.

On Monday 18 May 2015 14:58:49 you wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2015, Alan Stern wrote:
> > > As suggested, checking the eds_in_use list was a good idea. Now, I'm
> > > even more convinced duplicates are being added to the eds_in_use list.
> >
> > Your tests gave me a clue as to where the problem might be.  It looks
> > like finish_unlinks() changes ed->state to ED_IDLE too soon.  The state
> > should remain set to ED_UNLINK while finish_urb() is called.
> >
> > See if the patch below eliminates your problem.
>
> Any results on this?

The patch indeed seems to remove the problem (or at least makes it less
occurring). I haven't hit the deadlock/corruption since a day after you posted
it. I'll keep an eye on the issue and rebuild the kernel without debugging
configuration, to rule out any interference.

> Alan Stern

Thanks for looking into it.

Kind regards,

    Heiko