Re: Occasionally a USB mouse and keyboard connected to a USB hub stop working. Helps recover only reconnect USB hub.

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Михаил Гаврилов wrote:

> Hi!
> Excuse me, did not understand your message.
> You offer to throw out all of the devices that do not work?

No, you don't have to throw out all the devices.  Just try a different
hub.

>  But this
> device is works. Very rear occurs described situation.

In other words, the hub very rarely stops working.  If the problem is
very rare then you shouldn't worry about it.

But if the problem bothers you then you should try using a different
hub.

> I write here because hope that can make do some thing with kernel. For
> example software reset hub etc.

There is a program you can use to reset the hub manually:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=126028634531290&w=2

I don't know if the kernel can detect the problem automatically,
however.

Alan Stern