Re: USB devices cannot be be allocated / assigned slot (xhci_hcd)

Just tried 3.19.3 and 4.0.0-rc7-gf22e6e8 (git master), the error still
occur from time to time.

If you were talking about this commit:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host/xhci.c?id=f161ead70fa6a62e432dff6e9dab8e3cfbeabea6,
I don't think it fix this problem (well the error is not quite the
same either).

By the way, there is another random problem. I have a logitech USB
receiver running under hid_generic which has the attribute
"power/wakeup" set to enabled by default. When I try set it to
disabled with a udev rule, it doesn't always work. I'm quite certain
it's not rule itself have problem, it just work in some boot but not
some, and the rule can be triggered to work with a `udevadm test` to
the devpath.

Sometime ago it depend on whether it's plugged to a port with a
smaller port number (as in lsusb -t) than another logitech receiver I
got (running under hid_logitech_dj and hid_logitech_hidpp, with the
wakeup attribute set to disabled by default), but now it's just random
(could be because I upgraded my BIOS which claim to fix some usb
issue, but I'm not certain). I have no issue at all with the other
receiver.

I'm not sure if the two issues are related (they don't seem to
"co-occur" anyway). I tell about it just in case there is a general
problem in udev or so causing these.