Re: Problems with usbserial

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 04:44:12PM +0200, misterTi misterTi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am having some serious problems with using usb gsm dongles (huawei E1550)
> with usbserial driver.
>
> The problem i am experiencing is devastating on raspberry pi, debian 6 and
> 7 and also on desktop debian 6 and 7.

I only read your private mail quickly before asking you to send it to
the list and it looks like my initial guess that this was host
controller related was wrong.

I see now that you say you can reproduce this also on a desktop system
and not just the RPI?

What USB serial driver are you using? It looks like you should be using
the option driver (and usb_modeswitch).

Johan