Re: please can you add my device ?

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:09:14AM +0100, faivre.laurent@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 'cat' works fine in my case on another computer (the device behind only send
> data).

With this same device?

> It's the same result with minicom (I just tried again).
>
> If I use directly the ftdi driver, I can set parameters but I can't read
> data, like the serial port was closed.

Are you sure you don't have hardware flow control enabled?  It's a
common mistake with serial devices.

> If I add device id "by hand", I can read data but not at the right speed
> (and number of bits by characters and parity)
> with stty some parameters are rejected : 1200 cs7 and parenb (-parenb seems
> to be accepted)

using the generic usb serial driver is not going to work properly at all
for this device, so please don't continue to do that.  The ftdi_sio
driver is the correct driver for this device, please use that one.  If
it doesn't work, we will be glad to debug it, but I think this is still
just a configuration issue.

Look at the flow control settings in minicom to ensure you have that set
up properly.

thanks,

greg k-h