Re: dwc3/xHCI max connection limit

Alan,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Bin Liu wrote:
>
>> > The problem probably isn't the number of endpoints, but rather the
>> > scheduling entries for interrupt and isochronous endpoints.
>>
>> -12 return code in the log is due to COMP_ENOMEM (7, in Table 135 in
>> xHCI Specs) returned by the completion of configure endpoint command.
>> All in xhci_configure_endpoint() in xhci.c.
>>
>> Then in xHCI Specs Section 4.6.6 Configure Endpoint, and Section
>> 4.14.1.1 System Bus Bandwidth Scheduling, I got a feeling it is indeed
>> due to periodic scheduling, after certain amount of interrupt
>> (applicable to ISO as while) endpoints have been scheduled, there does
>> not have enough bus bandwidth left for new interrupt scheduling any
>> more.
>>
>> I am new to xhci, any comments for my suspicion?
>
> It could be that there is not enough bus bandwidth.  Or it could be
> some other resource that the xHCI controller uses internally for the
> periodic scheduling.  Either way, that's the reason you reach the
> limit.

Yeah. My question is answered, I just wanted to understand if there
was a hw or sw bug which causes the limit. I believe this is just a
nature of periodic transfers - within the period between the minimum
interrupt intervals, it can only have a limited slots for new
interrupt transfers.

Thanks,
-Bin.