Re: f_hid, f_mass_storage, and f_rdnis via configfs on platform/intel-mid

The devices in embedded space accept kernel updates at various speeds.
The raspberry pi is at 3.18, and the Intel Edison is bit lagging at 3.10.
I thought it would probably be useful to the embedded community if I at
least took a stab at back porting the hid gadgetfs function to 3.18 for use
on the raspberry pi. Going farther back with more modules if there is interest.

I searched through the kernel source and I think I've found the definitive
list of gadget functions (grepping for DECLARE_USB_FUNCTION_INIT),
and noted when they were introduced.

3.19 midi, hid
3.18 uvc, uac2, uac1
3.14 fs
3.13 mass_storage
3.11 subset, rndis, phonet, ncm, eem, ecm
3.10 serial, obex, acm

I figured this list was probably the best place to ask if there were any
caveats to taking usb/gadget/function/f_hid.c back one kernel rev.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> then you need to backport patches yourself. The community can't really
support older kernels :-)
> I guess you don't have other way but keep in mind you'll, essentially,
be on your own

Any obvious dragons be aware of before I head out on my own?

Is there a better list to or talk/discuss backporting of usb gadget functions?