Re: [xhci_hcd] USB3 device unplug breaks system suspend

Alan Stern wrote:
> You didn't say which device was the one causing the problem.  I assume
> it was the 4-3 device; that's the only thing which appears to be a
> USB-3 drive.
Correct, at the moment I'm using a USB3 enclosure with a JMicron ATA-USB
bridge. However the same problem already occured with a different USB3
enclosure (ASMedia ATA-USB bridge). I don't have more USB3 device with
me at the moment, but I know at least that it doesn't happen with the
Logitech USB mouse (hence my guess that it's an issue with xhci_hcd).

> The log doesn't include much useful information, partly because your
> kernel was built with several debugging flags turned off and partly
> because there is very little debugging info available for wakeup
> events.  The one thing that stood out was the series of error messages
> starting at timestamp 129.858.  It's hard to tell if they are related
> to the early wakeup problem.
If you tell me which debugging options I should enable, then I can
create more verbose logs.

> Have you tried unloading or unbinding the xhci-hcd driver before
> starting the second suspend?
Not yet, going to give this a try later.

With best wishes,
Tobias