Re: [xhci_hcd] USB3 device unplug breaks system suspend

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Tobias Jakobi wrote:

> Alan Stern wrote:
> > How about providing some information (system logs, etc.)?
> >
> > Alan Stern
>
> Hello,
>
> I've just added dmesg and lsusb output. If you need anything else,
> please let me know!

You didn't say which device was the one causing the problem.  I assume
it was the 4-3 device; that's the only thing which appears to be a
USB-3 drive.

The log doesn't include much useful information, partly because your
kernel was built with several debugging flags turned off and partly
because there is very little debugging info available for wakeup
events.  The one thing that stood out was the series of error messages
starting at timestamp 129.858.  It's hard to tell if they are related
to the early wakeup problem.

Have you tried unloading or unbinding the xhci-hcd driver before
starting the second suspend?

Alan Stern