Re: USB OTG doesn't work in HOST mode on OMAP3 processor on 3.18-rc5

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:35:53AM +0100, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Enric Balletbo Serra <eballetbo@xxxxxxxxx> [141119 03:14]:
> >>
> >> Checked again, and no luck. It's very weird because from the OTG point
> >> of view, OTG is exactly the same between Beagleboard-XM and IGEPv2.
> >>
> >> Can you confirm that you're using kernel 3.18-rc5 without other
> >> patches applied ? At this moment, I don't have a Beagleboard-XM to
> >> test, I'll try to get one because at this moment I'm a bit stuck with
> >> this problem.
> >
> > Yes it was with v3.18-rc5 and the defconfig patch I posted except
> > I had to disable all the other MUSB platforms. Also tested it with
> > built in modules.
> >
> > Maybe you need to check the .dts pinctrl entries for hsusb0_* lines?
>
> Just my 2 cents, My am335x based board shows similar symptoms
> (CONFIG_USB_MUSB_DUAL_ROLE enabled). Only if I specify  dr_mode =
> "host"; in my DTS I get device enumerated. 3.15, that I had before
> made no problems as OTG.

Are you sure your ID pin is properly routed ? If you set dr_mode to otg,
then you *must* have a properly routed ID pin and use a proper
micro-/mini-ab receptacle. That's not true for e.g. beagle bone black.

One USB port is using a Standard-A while the other uses mini-B. You
can't do any role swapping with those.

--
balbi