Re: Suspected (out of tree) HCI issue

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014, Vincent Pelletier wrote:

> > If it does, it means there's a bug in the HCD: It isn't calling
> > usb_hcd_link_urb_to_ep() properly.
>
> Indeed, no trace of this function being called.

If the Synopsys driver hasn't been updated since before that function
was added to the USB stack, it must be quite out of date.

> > Maybe you can adapt an in-tree HCD to work with your host controller
> > hardware.  The ifxhcd driver doesn't look so hot, at first glance.
> > Maybe it can be fixed up...
>
> Looking at drivers/usb/host I see quite short files which I understand
> as hardware-specific (ex: 551 lines for ehci-terga.c). Such length

Those are just bus glue; they provide the necessary information for
hooking up the platform's EHCI implementation to the main ehci-hcd
driver.

> should be in my reach, but the 6k lines of some non-[eo]hci are very
> likely not. I'll try to understand how this controller would fit in.

If your hardware resembles, say, the DWC2 hardware then maybe the DWC2
driver (drivers/usb/dwc2/) can be made to work with it.

> Thanks a lot for your answers,

You're welcome.

Alan Stern