Re: usb media detection issue on USB_MUSB_HDRC on kernel 3.17

Hi Rusian,

> Hi Enric
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Enric Balletbo Serra
> <eballetbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,

>> > Had some progresses:
>> >
>> > on kernel 3.17, musb controller driver is set to start as OTG mode as
>> > default. So as first thing, since my board has ID pin shorted to ground, i
>> > changed the default mode to MUSB_HOST., as it was on kernel 3.5.1
>> >
>> > So with same settings of 3.5.1 now key is detected correctly at first
>> > insertion, but after a removal, the stick is not detected anymore.
>> >
>> > Issue seems visible in drivers/usb/musb/da8xx.c, inside irqreturn_t
>> > da8xx_musb_interrupt() routine.
>> >
>> > looking the /sys fs, i see that the mode moves in time order as:
>> >
>> > |boot:       vbus off  b_idle||
>> > boot:       vbus off  a_wait_vrise||
>> > insertion:  vbus off  a_host|
>> > removal:    vbus off  b_idle
>> >
>> > After last b_host, the state never moves back to a_wait_vrise.
>> >
>> > After the removal, the interrupt call irqreturn_t da8xx_musb_interrupt()
>> > seems broken and seems never called anymore.
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >

>> I'll add more information to this thread.
>>
>> Seems MUSB is also broken on OMAP3 boards, booting in OTG mode I'm not
>> able to make it work when a pendrive is connected to the port. Forcing
>> HOST mode I get following messages:
>>
>> [   13.244567] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using musb-hdrc
>> [   13.503234] usb 2-1: device v058f p6387 is not supported
>> [   13.592346] usb usb2-port1: unable to enumerate USB device
>>
> You need to disable CONFIG_USB_OTG_WHITELIST option to avoid this.
> Or add your device to white list of supported devices.

Thanks, right, with this option disabled I can enumerate the device.
OTOH the big problem is OTG doesn't switch between peripheric mode and
host mode. The use case is as follows:

1. Start the board with OTG mode, nothing connected to the port.
2. Plug a pendrive with an adaptor that sets the ID pin to low.

In that case the no device is detected.

Best regards,
   Enric