Re: usb media detection issue on USB_MUSB_HDRC on kernel 3.17

Hi all,

> Had some progresses:
>
> on kernel 3.17, musb controller driver is set to start as OTG mode as
> default. So as first thing, since my board has ID pin shorted to ground, i
> changed the default mode to MUSB_HOST., as it was on kernel 3.5.1
>
> So with same settings of 3.5.1 now key is detected correctly at first
> insertion, but after a removal, the stick is not detected anymore.
>
> Issue seems visible in drivers/usb/musb/da8xx.c, inside irqreturn_t
> da8xx_musb_interrupt() routine.
>
> looking the /sys fs, i see that the mode moves in time order as:
>
> |boot:       vbus off  b_idle||
> boot:       vbus off  a_wait_vrise||
> insertion:  vbus off  a_host|
> removal:    vbus off  b_idle
>
> After last b_host, the state never moves back to a_wait_vrise.
>
> After the removal, the interrupt call irqreturn_t da8xx_musb_interrupt()
> seems broken and seems never called anymore.
>
> Regards.

I'll add more information to this thread.

Seems MUSB is also broken on OMAP3 boards, booting in OTG mode I'm not
able to make it work when a pendrive is connected to the port. Forcing
HOST mode I get following messages:

[   13.244567] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using musb-hdrc
[   13.503234] usb 2-1: device v058f p6387 is not supported
[   13.592346] usb usb2-port1: unable to enumerate USB device

OTOH the OTG port as gadget works.

Regards,
   Enric