Re: xHCI bug

* Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> [141010 11:51]:
> Hi again,
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 01:47:55PM -0500, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > I seem to be able to rather easily kill xHCI by just running
> > test.sh/testusb with a USB2 device attached to it (I used my AM437x
> > Starter Kit for the test).
>
> I think Tony mentioned taht it's also pretty easy to break xHCI by
> trying to cold flash an old N900

Heh yeah. After upgrading my build box, I noticed few things.
The new mobo came with xchi, and the following broke:

1. My old printer MFC-7820N no longer worked for scanning

2. Trying to cold flash any omap3 boards over USB stopped working
   for most of the time

3. Back-ups to a USB drive occasionally started failing

4. After disabling xhci in the BIOS, things were still flakey
   with ehci

5. I ended up installing a usb2.0 ehci pcie card to fix things

Regards,

Tony