Re: gadget serial driver - configuration value

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 02:48:43PM +0530, Anjana V Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is regarding an issue we are facing with the gadget serial driver
> (driver/usb/gadget/serial.c).
>
> We have a hardware limitation and the USB hardware can only have
> bconfigurationvalue 0 or 1.

what kind of limitation is this. Configuration value is a SW-only
choice. What HW are you using ? Which kernel are you using ? Do you have
logs of the problem ?

> In the CDC ACM config in gadget serial driver the configuration value
> is set to 2. Is there a specific reason why this was done?
>
> We see that, the three configurations listed in serial driver (CDC
> ACM, CDC OBEX, generic serial) cannot be present together as per the
> current implementation. Is there a specific reason why the
> configuration values were set as 1, 2 and 3 instead of setting all to
> 1?

well, setting configuration 0 means that you're not selecting any
configuration. Basically you go back to "Addressed" state, so you can't
use configuration 0 for anything, really.

--
balbi