Re: [linux-usb] USB Gadget drivers Windows 7/8 support and .bAlternateSetting in interface descriptor

On 08/22/2014 04:43 AM, Xuebing Wang wrote:
> static inline bool gadget_supports_altsettings(struct usb_gadget *gadget)
> {
>          /* PXA 21x/25x/26x has no altsettings at all */
>          if (gadget_is_pxa(gadget))
>                  return false;
>
>          /* PXA 27x and 3xx have *broken* altsetting support */
>          if (gadget_is_pxa27x(gadget))
>                  return false;
>
>          /* Everything else is *presumably* fine ... */
>          return true;
> }

Hmm. On hardware without altsetting support, isochronous endpoints
cannot be used. I wonder whether the gadget core should loudly complain
if it detects such a situation.

This is what the USB spec says in 5.6.3:

> All device default interface settings must not include any isochronous
> endpoints with non-zero data payload sizes (specified via
> wMaxPacketSize in the endpoint descriptor). Alternate interface
> settings may specify non-zero data payload sizes for isochronous
> endpoints.

Daniel