[linux-usb] USB Gadget drivers Windows 7/8 support and .bAlternateSetting in interface descriptor

Hi Community,

My environment is Freescale i.MX6SL EVK board (as USB peripheral device), which is based on kernel 3.10.17. i.MX6SL uses ChipIdea dual-role controller.

My problem is that gadget drivers g_ether and g_audio (UAC1 enabled) can NOT be detected by Windows 7 natively, while g_mass_storage, g_serial, g_hid can be detected by Windows 7 natively.

1) I found that both Ether and USB Audio uses .bAlternateSetting, while Mass Storage, Serial and HID do NOT. I am wondering if this is related to how Gadget framework handles USB_REQ_SET_INTERFACE request?

2) Also, I am not sure if it is related to ChipIdea quirk (gadget_supports_altsettings in file gadget_chips.h)?

Any suggestions / comments on this? Thanks.

--
Thanks,
Xuebing Wang